Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
8 slices of smoky streaky bacon, roughly diced
1 handful of rosemary or thyme leaves
4 knobs of butter
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
2 parsnips, peeled, halved and finely sliced lengthways
450 grams of penne
2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and ground black pepper
1. In a large pan stick frying pan fry the bacon and herbs in half of the butter for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and parsnips and cook for a further 2 minutes on a medium heat, until the bacon is slightly golden and the parsnip have softened.
3. Cook the penne in salted boiling water (check the package cooking times), reserve a little of the cooking water)
4. Mix the penne with the parsnips and bacon.
5. Stir in the rest of the butter and half of parmesan.
6. Add a little of the cooking water to loosen the mixture and to make it creamy and shiny.
7. Plate and garnish with the rest of the parmesan
8. Serve with salad and crusty bread and Season to taste.