Minted Pea Soup
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 hearty
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
2. Add stock and bring to the boil. Add mint and peas. Cover and return to the boil.
3. Cook for 3 minutes or until the peas are tender, but sill bright green. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to the saucepan over medium-low heat.
5. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Ladle into serving bowls. Top with sour cream, pepper and mint leaves.
Serve with crusty bread.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 Lt Chicken stock
1 cup of mint leaves
1 kg frozen green peas
¼ cup sour cream, or yoghurt
Small mint leaves for garnish