Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 main, 6-8 entree
300 ml of olive oil
4 cups of baby spinach leaves
400 grams of brown lentils, rinsed, drained
½ cup dill leaves, chopped
¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
100 grams feta, crumbed
100 grams dry breadcrumbs
Salad leafs to garnish
1. Heat 50 grams of oil in saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Add spinach and cover the lid, then reduce heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted.
3. Transfer to a colander to drain and cool slightly.
4. Squeeze out the excess liquid, then rouble chop and set aside
5. Whiz the lentils in a food processor to a paste and add 1 egg and whiz until smooth.
6. Transfer to a bowl with dill, parsley, feta, breadcrumbs, drained spinach and the remaining 1 egg, and combine well.
7. Heat remaining oil in a large frypan over medium heat in batches, scoop tablespoon portion of Keftedes mixture into hot oil, flattening slightly, and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
8. Serve hot with green salad and if you wish serve with tzatziki or skordalia and a wedge of lemon